Virtual Class Schedule
Monday & Wednesday
11:00 – 12:20 GMT+2
05:00 – 06:30 EDT
04:00 – 05:30 CST
02:00- 03:30 PDT
Monday & Thursday
17:30 – 19:00 GMT+2
11:30 – 13:00 EDT
10:30 – 12:00 CST
09:30 – 11:00 PDT
The Art of the Italian Renaissance
The Art of Italian Renaissance
What happened exactly in 1400 circa Florence to turn so radically the way art was meant before into what we mean today? This course offers a concise and complete exploration of Italian art from 1400 to 1600 and covers figures like Donatello, Masaccio, Botticelli, Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raffaello.
- Early seeds: Cimabue and Giotto
- The beginning: The Antique revives in the work of Donatello and Brunelleschi.
- The virtual space in Masaccio’s painting and Lippi’s idealised beauty
- The philosophical DNA of High Renaissance. Piero della Francesca to Botticelli
- The accomplished humanist: Leonardo.
- An art of colours: the Venetian school.
- Dealing with power: Raffaello and the Church
- Michelangelo: the Arti del disegno