Art of the 19th century from Romanticism to Post-Impressionism.
Art of the 19th century from Romanticim to post-impressionism. 12 meetings of 1 hour each
We will find and follow the thread connecting the end of Renaissance to the dawn of Modern art. The course covers Baroque, the age of wonder, 18th century’s neoclassicism,19th century’s impressionism and beyond.
- The transition from Renaissance to Baroque: Carracci and Caravaggio
- Baroque sculpture in Rome: Bernini and Borromini
- 17th century European masters: Rubens, Velasquez, Vermeer, Rembrant
- Neoclassicism: Mengs, Canova
- History painting: David, Géricault, Delacroix,
- Romanticism: Ingres, Goya, Turner
- Impressionism: Manet, Monet, Degas, Renoir, Pissarro, Sisley
- Post-impressionism: Seurat, Signac,
- Cezanne, Toulouse-Lautrec
- Van Gogh
- Art Nouveau